Starting March 1st, the adventure awaits aboard Disney’s latest interactive, fully immersive experience.
See, feel and live Star Wars ….
What’s it like to be a Jedi ? Can you feel the force around you? The answer to these questions and more will be answered March 1, 2022. While there have been some sneak peeks, and some media already that have experienced the full immersion, it opens to the general on Tuesday. Here’s what Disney Parks Blog has to say about it…
“This first-of-its-kind immersive adventure is a vacation experience going beyond anything Disney has created before. Guests become the heroes of their own Star Wars stories during a two-night adventure aboard the Halcyon starcruiser, a vessel known for its impeccable service and exotic destinations.
More details were recently revealed, detailing what passengers can expect on this out-of-this-world voyage.
While aboard the Halcyon starcruiser, Guests are part of an interactive story that interweaves with crew members, other passengers, droids and familiar Star Wars. As they choose alliances and chart their own courses, guests may encounter, among others, the starcruiser’s captain, a plucky mechanic, or a charming scoundrel with an ulterior motive. Guests might be simply asked about their homeworlds, or be invited to protect valuable information or take part in a mission.
Passengers can deepen their engagement with characters and storylines by using the Play Disney Parks mobile app on their smart devices.* Through the Star Wars: Datapad inside the app, guests can access a plethora of functions, including:
- Events – Updates guest itineraries continuously, evolving with new invitations and secret meetings as guests interact with characters and complete missions
- Comms – Receive and send information relating to missions and adventures, which could impact how stories unfold during the voyage
- Map – Provides the layout of both the starcruiser and Black Spire Outpost on Batuu
- Tools –Become available when a job calls for them, especially while on a planetside excursion in Black Spire Outpost
- Profile –Shows passengers’ affiliations as they continue through the story
Passengers discover menus full of familiar tastes but unexpected colors and textures, deepening the immersion of their galactic voyage.
- Crown of Corellia Dining Room: Guests find refreshments each day in this enticing supper club. This welcoming hall offers breakfast and lunch buffets during the day, and then comes alive each night of the voyage with a lavish multi-course, table-service menu.
- Night one: The first night’s dinner features a live performance from Gaya, the Twi’lek musical superstar who captivates her audience as she moves throughout the room singing her biggest hits. The Crown of Corellia transforms with lighting and movement as Gaya is joined by a musician named Ouannii for accompaniment in a show that inspires the entire room to get up and dance.
- Night two: The second night offers the “Taste Around the Galaxy” dinner experience, where each course hails from a different planet. Highlights include smoking cheeses and bread reminiscent of molten planet Mustafar, blue shrimp from the dense jungles of Felucia, and beef and seafood native to the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk.
- The Sublight Lounge: A stylish locale for passengers to socialize and enjoy casual refreshments, including an assortment of ales, wines and signature cocktails from across the galaxy, along with light snacks.
The Chandrila Collection boutique offers a wide assortment of apparel and accessories guests can purchase and wear during their voyage. Passengers can dress the part with robes, tunics and other authentic fashion apparel evoking Star Wars characters or transform into alien species with Twi’lek “lekku” head tails or the striped, horned montrals of a Togruta. Premium garments and accessories featuring the ship’s logo are also available.
The story continues in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Storylines from Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser continue to play out when guests travel to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on the second day of their voyage. Passengers board a special transport shuttle for their planetside excursion to Batuu, where they’ll participate in new missions throughout the land based on characters they’ve met onboard the starcruiser.
As part of their secret missions, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser guests receive one-time entry to the land’s two signature attractions – Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. Lunch at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (or other select locations) is included. Guests on a starcruiser voyage can also request reservations at Oga’s Cantina, Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers, and Droid Depot.”