Suddenly that galaxy far, far away is not quite as far as it used to be! Newly opened in 2019, Galaxy’s Edge transports guests to Batuu where travelers and traders can shop for wares alongside some interesting creatures. You can try treats like sweet and spicy popcorn at Kat Saka’s Kettle or Blue Milk at the Milk Stand!
In this new Star Wars land, you will find Han Solo’s Millennium Falcon and can even take over the controls in the cockpit as part of the Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run.
Young travelers must be 38″ or taller to ride. FastPasses can be reserved starting 60 days in advance for guests staying at a Walt Disney World property. If you have travelers who prefer to not ride, a Single Rider option is also available!
Experience Rise of the Resistance
For those of you who are not sympathetic to the First Order, you can be a part of the Resistance with the newest attraction, Rise of the Resistance.
Walt Disney Parks has implemented a new process for this attraction to ensure that the largest number of people are able to experience this incredible ride each day. And when I say ride, it’s really more of an entire experience, but I don’t want to spoil anything for you!
So instead, I’ll explain how to secure your chance to ride Rise of the Resistance on your next visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Get a Boarding Pass for Rise of the Resistance
Use these tips and tricks to help you join a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance! You’ll need the My Disney Experience app.
1. Get to the park at least 45 minutes before the scheduled park opening time.
2. They may begin scanning bands to get in the park 30+ minutes before opening, but once you get in no rides will be open until the posted opening time.
TIP: Trolley Car Cafe (Starbucks) will be open on the right side of Hollywood Boulevard. While the line will be long, you can do the next steps while waiting in line!
3. You cannot join a boarding group until the park opens for the posted opening time. Your entire party must be inside the park with your bands scanned in order to join a boarding group.
4. A couple of minutes prior to the scheduled park opening time, close out of the My Disney Experience app and restart it. At the scheduled park opening time exactly, click on ‘Find Out More’ under the Rise of the Resistance image on the home screen.
Then click ‘Join a Boarding Group’. Select your entire family group and confirm your selection. YOU MUST MOVE FAST! They only allow a set number of boarding groups each day. If you are late to request a boarding group, they may all be gone!
5. Once you have a boarding group you can check the status of which boarding groups are now boarding. Times vary, but in general, groups 1 to 50 will be during the first half of the day and 50+ during the second half of the day.
6. Once your boarding group is called, you have about one hour to return to the ride entrance and board. Please check your app for the specific deadline for your boarding group.
TIP: Some people have had more success on their cellular network while others have had better luck on Disney’s Wifi. If you have trouble selecting a boarding group at the scheduled park opening, quickly switch to the other type of network by either connecting to the Wifi or disabling Wifi and trying again. I recommend starting connected to the Wifi connection.
Young Rebels must be at least 40″ tall to ride Rise of the Resistance. Currently obtaining a boarding group is the only way to ride Rise of the Resistance. Once you have successfully escaped the First Order, you can head over to Oga’s Cantina to celebrate with an order of some of Oga’s Obsession or one of their tasty concoctions with or without alcohol!
Reservations are recommended for Oga’s Cantina and it is important to note that Oga’s does not accept the Disney Dining Plan at this time.
So if you are like me, and you’ve been waiting for this your whole life, why wait another day? You can visit Galaxy’s Edge on your next visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!