Universal Orlando is known for their Wizarding World of Harry Potter, it’s amazing theming and their commitment to accuracy of the world we have all fallen in love with. The Hogwarts Express that connects Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley is attraction that must be seen. Where does a mere Muggle dine while there, Three Broomsticks or The Leaky Cauldron?
Based on the inn and pub from the Harry Potter series, the restaurant located in Universal’s Island of Adventure. It offers a variety of food and beverages from the Harry Potter universe, including Pumpkin Juice, chocolate Cauldron Cakes, and strawberry-peanut butter ice cream. It’s also composed of the traditional British fare, like fish and chips and shepherd’s pie. It’s a rustic tavern in Hogsmeade that will have you talking to the strangers, sharing a Butterbeer or the Great Feast. The pub features many hidden references to the book, namely house elves and ghosts that roam the rafters. This is a great quick service to head inside for a warm, hearty meal.
The Leaky Cauldron
The original Leaky Cauldron is a shabby pub and inn for wizards, located in London. It offers food, drinks and rooms to rent and was founded by Daisy Doddering in 1500. The pub serves as a way to enter Diagon Alley from the muggle world and is a great way for “muggle-borns” to have access to the magical world they had no prior knowledge of.
This version, located in Universal Studios has a variety of traditional British fare. Including Bangers and Mash, Fisherman’s Pie, Toad in the Hole, and Ploughman’s Platter. Don’t forget the quintessential Fish and Chips. You will be able to enjoy your meal beneath the cathedral ceilings with views towards the guest rooms of the inn.
So Which One Do You Choose?
It would be great to enjoy breakfast at Three Broomsticks and dinner at the Leaky Cauldron, that is not always easy. These are very popular restaurants and can be somewhat hard to get into. How do you choose ?
Positives of Three Broomsticks
- Outdoor patio can be very enjoyable on a nice day in Orlando. The noise level will be lower usually in this area. The only exception is the sound of the Jurassic World VelociCoaster speeding by every so often.
- Hog’s Head Pub is literally next door to Three Broomsticks and shares some seating. This themed pub is a great place to relax and get all types of beverage.
Negatives of Three Broomsticks
- Tends to be very loud at least indoors.
- Most people complain about how low the seats are to the floor here. Some have compared it feeling like a little kid barely able to see over the table. That might be an exaggeration, but it is noticeable how low the chairs are in relation to floor.
- Can feel very congested.
Positives of Leaky Cauldron
- If you are looking for a light meal, you can order just a side of scotch eggs here. This can be an excellent and cost-effective way to enjoy the restaurant theming without hurting your budget and waistline too much.
- Restaurant and area nearby are less congested compared to Hogsmeade and Three Broomsticks.
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor is a short walk from Leaky Cauldron. This place has arguably the best theme park resort ice cream in the Orlando area.
- Wizarding World veterans tend to prefer breakfast here (remember there is a small chance that will not be an option).
Negatives of Leaky Cauldron
- As mentioned, this place may not be a good fit for picky eaters with exception of the Muggle-approved chicken sandwich.
- More family-style seating which can be off-putting during busy dining hours.
Whichever restaurant you choose to dine it, it’s going to be an amazing experience for any Muggle. Don’t forget your favorite Enchanted Adventures Travel Advisor is here to help plan which place is best. Contact them today.